Last Updated May 10, 2022
End-User License Agreement ("Agreement") ContXtual, Inc. (“ContXtual,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) Early Access Release (“Early Access”, “Services”, “Program”, “Software”) and you an individual or entity (“you,” “your”).
Please carefully read this End-User License Agreement ("Agreement") carefully. By registering an reTHINK account, or otherwise accessing, downloading, or using the our Services (as defined below) you become part of our Program, and you will be agreeing to this Agreement.
This Agreement is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and ContXtual, Inc. and it governs your use of our Services.
You are licensing a limited-use version reTHINK through the Early Access Release Program and agree to be bound by this “Agreement”. This license to the Software, includes any related materials provided by contXtual, including any documentation, user guides, upgrades, updates, supplements, third-party components, Internet-based services and support services provided by, for or on behalf of contXtual in connection with use of our Services.
EARLY ACCESS SERVICES ARE NOT GENERALLY AVAILABLE AND MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, DEFECTS OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ACCORDINGLY, CONTXTUAL IS PROVIDING THE EARLY ACCESS SERVICES TO CUSTOMER “AS IS.” CONTXTUAL MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE EARLY ACCESS SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY OR ANY PUBLISHED DOCUMENTATION THAT STATES OTHERWISE, CONTXTUAL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE EARLY ACCESS SERVICES: (A) WILL BE ERROR-FREE, (B) WILL MEET ANY SPECIFIED SERVICE LEVEL, OR (C) WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS OR DOWNTIME. CONTXTUAL SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH EARLY ACCESS SERVICES.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not signup for a reTHINK account and do not download or use the Application.
The Services are licensed, not sold, to you by ContXtual for use subject to and strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
ContXtual grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use to use our website (the “Site”) and/or our purpose-built online platform for spatial computing in the metaverse using augmented and virtual reality or the Web (“AR/VR/Web”) teleconferencing (the “Platform”), and our related online and offline offerings (collectively, the “Services”).
You agree not to, and you will not permit others to:
- License, sell, rent, lease, assign, distribute, transmit, host, outsource, disclose or otherwise commercially exploit all or any part of Services or make any of the Services available to any third party.
- Copy or use all or any part of the Services for any purpose other than as permitted under the above section "License".
- Modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, decrypt, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services.
- Remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of ContXtual, Inc. or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or the licensors of the Services.
- The Services, including without limitation all copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights are, and shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of ContXtual, Inc.
- Any feedback, comments, ideas, improvements or suggestions (collectively, "Suggestions") provided by you to ContXtual with respect to the Services shall remain our sole and exclusive property.
- We shall be free to use, copy, modify, publish, or redistribute the Suggestions for any purpose and in any way without any credit or any compensation to you.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Content means all data (text, images, video, 3D) that a user creates or uploads and/or uses with our Services. You are solely responsible, and assume all risk for the content you create, upload and share with our Services. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by contXtual. For all Content that you upload and share in our Services you acknowledge that either (a) you own all intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, or (b) you have the rights/authority/permission to use with our Services. Violating this policy may result in deletion of your content and/or your account, at any time without prior notice.
You are responsible to maintain backup copies of your own content, as your content may be deleted at any time without prior notice.
We provide our Services as a hosted service to You. We want you to enjoy and have others enjoy the experiences that we all create and share as a community - be it with work, friends, club, whatever. How to present yourself and respectfully treat others in social settings should be inherently understood by all. You are representing yourself personally to others, and as a representative of the company/club/group/association/friends/family you are part of. It is not our intention to restrict or mandate what you can and cannot say or share on our Services. We believe networking is a very valuable and necessary tool and why we created reTHINK.
We believe human interaction is the beating heart of creativity and productivity. New ideas and innovations are built off the connections we create with one another. Our mission is to make human interactions possible in any environment, in any place, because creativity should know no boundaries. To achieve our mission, we have simply One Rule…
- A) NO ASSHOLES! That’s it. Don’t be an asshole. In every interaction with your colleagues, clients, customers, family, friends, with anyone ever while using our Services, please refer to this single truth. Lean into the diverse skills and backgrounds of the people around you. Remember, no matter your role, your contribution, participation, and ideas are valued. We are committed to building an environment and community where diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued. Help us reach that goal.
If you remember one thing from these Terms and Conditions, remember this One Rule. It will serve you well. If that doesn’t make clear how we expect our community to conduct themselves, here’s more detail lawyer folk want to make clear.
- B) CONTENT. You agree not to use our Services to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any Content that (a) violates any third-party rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (c) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (d) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party. We also provide a shared web browser experience for your convenience and do not review, approve, endorse, or in any way control the content of third-party links or ads that may appear in the browser. You use this shared browser service at your own risk, guided under the stated guidelines.
- C) SOCIAL. Under no circumstances will you harass, bully, or disparage others in any form, or display any outward threatening behavior targeted directly or indirectly - be it verbally, in gesture, or using any form of content.
- D) DATA. You agree not to: (a) upload, transmit, or distribute to any of our Services any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (b) Use any of our Services to send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, schemes, scams, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messaging; (c) use any of our Services to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without legal consent from all parties; (d) interfere with, disrupt, attempt to gain unauthorized access or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to our Services, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor activities of our Services, primarily to ensure that there is no illegal activity, or to respond to information we receive from other Users or third parties.
The Services may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services ("Third-Party Services").
You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. ContXtual does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
Term and Termination
This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated by you or ContXtual. We may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this Agreement with or without prior notice.
This Agreement will terminate immediately, without prior notice from us, in the event that you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. You may also terminate this Agreement by deleting the Services and all copies thereof from your mobile device or from your computer.
Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of Services and delete all copies of the Services from your mobile device or from your computer. Termination of this Agreement will not limit any of our rights or remedies at law or in equity in case of breach by you (during the term of this Agreement) of any of your obligations under the present Agreement.
You agree to indemnify and hold ContXtual and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors (if any) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of your: (a) use of the Services; (b) violation of this Agreement or any law or regulation; or (c) violation of any right of a third party.
The Services are provided to you "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, ContXtual, on its own behalf and on behalf of its affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Services, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, ContXtual provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Application will meet your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, ContXtual does not make any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Services, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Services; or (iv) that the Services, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of ContXtual are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of or limitations on implied warranties or the limitations on the applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
The entire liability of ContXtual and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Agreement and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by you for the Services, even if your losses exceed the amount you paid. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall ContXtual or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, for loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, for loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Services, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Services, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Agreement), even if we or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. Waiver
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Agreement shall not effect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute waiver of any subsequent breach.
Amendments to this Agreement
We reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. We will determine what constitutes a material change at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use the Services after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Services.
The laws of Delaware, United States of America, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Agreement and your use of the Services. Your use of the Services may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us at: ContXtual, Inc.
1916 Pike Place Suite 12, #34
Seattle, WA 98101